Case Study: Comprehensive Staffing Approach Helps Consumer Product Distributor Fill Key Leadership Roles on Its Team
Summary: A national consumer product distribution company needed project managers to fulfill leadership roles within the company and manage important Business and IT projects. An end-to-end staffing approach and process was implemented and executed to identify and acquire the right professional hires that fit the company’s culture and leadership profile.
Company: A national consumer product distribution company that provides products to healthcare, educational and retail companies
Challenges: Finding project managers that fit the company’s culture and leadership profile was the chief task at hand. This required defining the key qualities possessed by ideal candidates, recruiting and assessing candidates, scheduling interviews, assisting in determining placement and compensation, and providing guidance in hiring decisions.
Solution: In order to build the company’s project management team, worked with the senior management and HR teams to develop a program staffing plan and approach that would aid in recruiting, identifying, and acquiring the right talent. The plan addressed multiple areas, including:
- Creating a profile of the ideal candidate
- Recruiting and assessing candidates
- Identifying potential fits
- Scheduling interviews with hiring team and stakeholders
- Assisting in hiring decisions
- Offering guidance in determining appropriate placement and compensation
- Working with bringing new employees on board in a seamless manner
This approach resulted in the hiring of professional managers that filled key IT and business project manager leadership roles. Completed the full resource life cycle for the customer from recruit-to-hire for IT and business project managers.
Free Subscription to the PMO Brief
With your free subscription to PMO Consulting’s email newsletter, you’ll get a periodic brief on very beneficial subjects:
- Valuable program and project management approaches and perspectives
- Strategies to improve value of business relationships and operations
- Case studies highlighting business solutions in action across multiple industries
- Straightforward, easy-to-understand insights into the latest technology and how it impacts your business
Plus Receive Our FREE eBook: "Why ERP Projects Fail:
The 7 Real Reasons No One Talks About"
|Receive Your Free Book and The PMO Brief|